Technology and Production
• One of the largest telecommunications research and development center in the country.
• Know How in the development of software, hardware, mechanics, and reliability.
• Partnerships with the major development centers in Brazil.
• Focus on applied research and new technologies.
• 6% of sales invested in R&D.
• Highly qualified technical team.
• Technological mastery of Intelbras products.
Surface Mount Technology for SMDs
• Automated mounting technology: capability of inserting ca. 85 million components per month.
• Microchip assembly. Intelbras pioneered its implementation in Brazil.
• Cell production: shorter adjustment times and greater flexibility.
• Assembly of wireless and switchboard telephone systems: flexible manufacturing cells, specialized by product families.
• Monthly processing of 120 tons of plastic for product manufacturing.
Intensive use of advanced manufacturing and quality-control tools
• KANBAN - pull production system for increased manufacturing flexibility.
• Self-managing teams - Management at the workplace and fast decision-making by operators.
• Lean production - Management philosophy focused on continuous production and rapid problem solving.
• Statistical Process Control - Maintains stable and monitored manufacturing processes.